This was delicious. I made it for Father's Day and the entire family went wild. I used organic blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. It was an easy recipe and didn't take long to make. I am definitely adding this recipe to my files and will be making it again.
Fresh Berry Cobbler
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 cups fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup self-rising yellow cornmeal mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup milk
- 1. Combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch in a small bowl. Combine berries, cornstarch mixture, and lemon rind in a large bowl until well blended; spoon berry mixture into a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Combine flour, cornmeal mix, and remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in butter and milk until blended. Gently spread batter evenly over berry mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of topping comes out clean. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts