Fresh Berry Buttermilk Pancakes
Prep: 10 minutes, Stand: 10 minutes, Cook: 6 minutes per batch.
Yield: Makes about 10 pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or strawberries
- 1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk, milk, egg, and butter in a separate bowl; add to flour mixture, and whisk just until blended. Add berries to batter, and fold in gently. (Raspberries and blackberries tend to break down and produce very wet pancakes.) Transfer to a large measuring cup, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or nonstick pan. Cook until pancakes are covered with bubbles and edges turn brown. Turn and cook other side 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: Frozen berries are picked when ripe and hold up wonderfully if you're craving berry pancakes out of season.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads