Fresh Asparagus with Anchovy-Butter Crostini
The butter has a pronounced anchovy taste; use one to two fillets if you prefer more subtlety.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 161
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 21.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 canned anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until toasted. Combine butter, parsley, juice, and anchovies; spread about 1/2 teaspoon butter mixture evenly over each bread slice.
- 3. Steam asparagus, covered, 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Pat asparagus dry with paper towels. Divide asparagus evenly among each of 4 salad plates; sprinkle evenly with salt. Arrange 4 crostini and 1 lemon wedge on each plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads