- 16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 canned anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 lemon wedges
- calories 161
- fat 6.1 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 1.6 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 21.8 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 18 mg
- iron 3.6 mg
- sodium 370 mg
- calcium 39 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until toasted. Combine butter, parsley, juice, and anchovies; spread about 1/2 teaspoon butter mixture evenly over each bread slice.
Steam asparagus, covered, 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Pat asparagus dry with paper towels. Divide asparagus evenly among each of 4 salad plates; sprinkle evenly with salt. Arrange 4 crostini and 1 lemon wedge on each plate.