Excellent - Used 1 C oil and 1/2 C applesauce and it was still very moist. Everyone loved it!
Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel Frosting
This takes a bit of work but is super delicious! The frosting is super sweet and goes well on other cakes also!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 1/2 cup(s) apples peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- lemon juice
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- For Cake: Sprinkle apples with lemon juice, cover and set aside. In a large bowl combine oil, sugar and eggs, mix until smooth. in separate bowl sift flour, salt, baking soda and salt. Gradually add mixture to the oil mix. Add vanilla. Fold in apples. Pour in a greased 13x9 bake for 50 minutes at 350.
- For frosting: Combine butter, salt, milk and brown sugar. Heat and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hippieface and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel Frosting Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings