Fresh Apple Cake
Yield: one 10-inch cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 medium-size cooking apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Sift together flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until thickened. Add oil and vanilla, beating well. Add flour mixture; beat well. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove cake from pan, and let cool completely. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings