KitchenAid® JULY 2010
1. In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat half-and-half until very hot but not boiling, stirring often. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. Place egg yolks and sugar in the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer bowl. Attach bowl and wire whip to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds, or until well blended and slightly thickened.
3. Continuing on Speed 2, very gradually add half-and-half; mix until blended. Return half-and-half mixture to medium saucepan; cook over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge and mixture is steamy, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
4. Transfer half-and-half mixture into large bowl; stir in whipping cream, vanilla and salt. Cover and chill thoroughly, at least 8 hours.
5. Assemble and engage the KitchenAid® Ice Cream Maker attachment. Turn to STIR Speed (Speed 1). Using a container with a spout, pour mixture into freeze bowl. Continue on STIR (Speed 1) for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired consistency is reached. Immediately transfer ice cream into serving dishes, or freeze in an airtight container.
Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream Directions
1. In medium bowl, combine 2 cups chopped, fresh strawberries (or other fresh fruit) and 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar, if desired.
2. Let stand while ice cream is processing. Add during last 3 to 5 minutes of freeze time.
To purchase the KitchenAid® products used in this recipe, please visit www.shopkitchenaid.com
Go to full version of