French Toast Sticks
Clean Eating- Freezable-French Toast Sticks can be frozen in an airtight storage container for up to 2 weeks. To enjoy, remove from freezer and thaw completely. Heat in a skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- * 6 egg whites
- * 1 cup skim milk
- * 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- * 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- * 1 tbsp olive oil
- * 6 slices whole-wheat French bread, each cut into 4 4-inch (1/2-inch thick) pieces
- * 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine egg whites, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip both sides of bread pieces in egg mixture.
- 3. Cooking in batches, place bread pieces in a single layer in skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned and egg is cooked through. Serve with syrup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Caligirl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note