French Toast Muffins
"French Toast -- in a muffin" by Alison Ladman, AP Maple breakfast sausage may be omitted, or berries or thinly sliced apples may be substituted. Winston-Salem Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 17-ounce package(s) maple breakfast sausage
- 12 slice(s) whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple sugar
- 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high, cook the sausage until lightly browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- 3. Using a round 2-inch cookie cutter, cut 4 rounds from each slice of bread.
- 4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, cinnamon and maple syrup. Dip the rounds of bread in the egg mixture and place 2 rounds in the bottom of each muffin cup. Crumble about 1 tablespoon of the sausage into each cup. Add 2 more rounds of egg-dipped bread to each of the muffins. Sprinkle the tops with maple sugar.
- 5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note