French Toast Casserole
This needs to sit overnight, and bake the next day. Total baking time is 40 minutes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 10 eggs or 4 eggs, 1.5 cup of egg substitute
- 2 loaf(s) french bread sliced 1/2" thick
- 2 stick(s) butter can reduce to 1.5
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- White sugar
- 1 cup(s) milk this is approximate
- Melt butter remove from heat.
- Combine eggs and milk. Beat with spoon to mix.
- Add brown sugar to melted butter and combine. Pour on bottom of a 9x12 pan.
- Add a layer of bread, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Pour egg/milk mixture over the layer.
- Repeat with a second layer, and pour the remaining eggs and milk over.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- To bake: Place pan on top of a cookie sheet (otherwise the bottom gets too brown).
- Cover (foil) and bake at 350 for 1/2 hour, then increase heat to 425 and cook for 10 minutes uncovered.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by belizabeth and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
French Toast Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch