Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) egg substitute
- 3/4 cup(s) non-fat milk
- salt to taste
- 6 slice(s) french bread, pain perdu or "lost bread"
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- maple syrup
- Stir in the egg substitute, milk and salt briskly in a shallow bowl with a fork until well blended. Dip both sides of each slice of bread in the batter and place the slices on a piece of waxed paper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet big enough to hold 3 slices at once. Fry the bread over medium heat until very lightly browned, turning once. Keep the cooked slices warm in a 250° oven while frying the other 3 slices in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
French Toast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes