After making the filling as directed, I found it to be quite bland. Added way more spices; found the bread to be unnecessary. Took the recommendation of others and served chilled, which I think was the way to go. Won't be making these again.
French-Style Stuffed Eggs
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 38
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 127mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup minced reduced-fat ham
- 1 tablespoon minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread, torn into large pieces
- Cooking spray
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover with water to 1 inch above eggs; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 12 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water until cool.
- Peel eggs; slice in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; discard 4 yolks. Place remaining 4 yolks in a medium bowl. Add ham and next 7 ingredients (through pepper); stir until combined.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon yolk mixture into each egg white half. Top each half with 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs. Coat breadcrumbs with cooking spray.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place eggs on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute or until breadcrumbs are toasted. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
French-Style Stuffed Eggs Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers