This pie is amazing. My daughter and I made it the first time wonderfully. It is worth a special occasion. Better than any French Silk Pies I've ever had.
French Silk Chocolate Pie
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream chilled
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 8 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 9 inch pie shell baked and cooled
- 1. Whip cream with electric mixer on medium high speed, whip cream to stiff peaks, 2-3 minutes. Transfer whipped cream to small bowl and refrigerate.
- 2. Beat eggs. Combine eggs, sugar, and water in large heatproof bowl set over medium saucepan filled with 1/2 inch barely simmering water (don't let bowl touch water). With electric mixer on medium speed, beat until egg mixture is thickened and registers 160 degrees, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and continue to beat egg mixture until fluffy and cooled to room temperature, about 8 minutes.
- 3. Beat, fold and cool add chocolate and vanilla to cool egg mixture and beat until incorporated. Beat in butter, a few pieces at a time, until well combined. Using spatula, fold in whipped cream until no streaks of white remain. Scrape filling into pie shell and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LynnAW08 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note