This pie is amazing. My daughter and I made it the first time wonderfully. It is worth a special occasion. Better than any French Silk Pies I've ever had.
French Silk Chocolate Pie
Cook's Country magazine recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream chilled
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 8 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 9 inch pie shell baked and cooled
- 1. Whip cream with electric mixer on medium high speed, whip cream to stiff peaks, 2-3 minutes. Transfer whipped cream to small bowl and refrigerate.
- 2. Beat eggs. Combine eggs, sugar, and water in large heatproof bowl set over medium saucepan filled with 1/2 inch barely simmering water (don't let bowl touch water). With electric mixer on medium speed, beat until egg mixture is thickened and registers 160 degrees, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and continue to beat egg mixture until fluffy and cooled to room temperature, about 8 minutes.
- 3. Beat, fold and cool add chocolate and vanilla to cool egg mixture and beat until incorporated. Beat in butter, a few pieces at a time, until well combined. Using spatula, fold in whipped cream until no streaks of white remain. Scrape filling into pie shell and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LynnAW08 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note