- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large green peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch strips
- 6 large red peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups vinegar
How to Make It
Combine vegetables in a stainless steel stockpot; cover with boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes; drain. Repeat procedure; drain well. Add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Bring to a boil; boil 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Pack pickle mixture into hot sterilized jars; cover with syrup, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath 20 minutes.