French Onion Soup
This version of French Onion Soup is pure bliss. The classic comfort food provides a decadent display of a warm soup bowl topped with bread slices and sprinkles of freshly grated Parmesan and Mozzerella cheeses.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or beef broth
- 6 slices French bread
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft. Stir in sugar and salt; continue to cook and stir until golden. Add flour; mix well. Combine onion mixture, broth and wine or broth in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours. Ladle soup into oven-proof bowls. Top with bread slices; sprinkle with cheeses. Broil until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note