French Onion Soup
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 cup(s) (4 small) thinly sliced onions
- 5 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 6 cube(s) beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped swiss cheese
- 6 slice(s) french bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese
- 1. Melt butter over medium heat in large saucepan.
- 2. Add onions; cook for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- 3. Stir in water, wine, bouillon, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil.
- 4. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 5. Ladle soup into 6 oven-proof bowls.
- 6. Top with chopped Swiss cheese and slice of toast.
- 7. Sprinkle with shredded Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- 8. Bake in preheated 425 degrees F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
French Onion Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes