Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
- 4 pounds Idaho potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Cut Idaho potatoes into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Pour oil to a depth of 4 inches in a Dutch oven, and heat to 375°. Fry potato strips in small batches in hot oil 12 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Weson vegetable oil.
- Crinkle-Cut Fries: Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-wide strips with a waffle cutter. Fry as directed.
- Waffle Chips: Cut potatoes in to 1/4-inch-thick slices with a waffle cutter. Fry 10 to 12 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables