French-Fried Tempura "Shrimps"
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- John's Dunk Sauce
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. Set aside.
- Combine eggs and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring just until blended.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Hold each shrimp by tail, and dip into batter, coating thoroughly; fry shrimp, a few at a time, in hot oil 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately with John's Dunk Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note