French-Fried Tempura "Shrimps"
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- John's Dunk Sauce
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. Set aside.
- Combine eggs and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring just until blended.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Hold each shrimp by tail, and dip into batter, coating thoroughly; fry shrimp, a few at a time, in hot oil 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately with John's Dunk Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers