FRENCH DIP SANDWICH
REAL SIMPLE MAGAZINE
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m| Total Time: 8hr 15m
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds beef brisket, trimmed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 ounces mixed greens (about 6 cups)
- 1 large baguette—cut into 4 pieces, split horizontally, and lightly toasted
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the broth, onion, garlic, Worcestershire, and flour. Season the brisket with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and place in the slow cooker. Cover and cook until very tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- Ten minutes before serving, transfer the brisket to a cutting board and thinly slice against the grain. Strain the cooking liquid into a small saucepan and reserve the onions. Boil the cooking liquid until reduced to 1½ cups, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the greens and toss to combine.
- Dividing evenly, form sandwiches with the baguette, brisket, and reserved onions. Serve with the cooking liquid, for dipping, and the salad.
- By Charlyne Mattox , December, 2012
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
FRENCH DIP SANDWICH Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches