Wow! The slight sweetness of the au jus was delicious, and the meat was so tender. These sandwiches simply melt in your mouth! I followed the recipe exactly. Used smaller size hoagie rolls and melted swiss cheese slices on top of the shredded beef. My husband loved them! I highly recommend this recipe.
French Dip au Jus
The roast in these sandwiches is melt-in-your-mouth tender, and the brown sugar added to the broth pumps up the flavor! For party-size sandwiches, substitute smaller rolls.
Yield: Serves 12
- 3 1/2 to 4-pound sirloin tip roast
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 12 hoagie buns, split
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- Place roast in a 5-quart slow cooker. Stir together broth and next 4 ingredients and pour over roast. Cover and cook on high setting one hour; reduce heat to low setting and cook 9 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker, reserving broth; shred roast with 2 forks. Place shredded meat evenly on hoagie buns and top with Swiss cheese. Serve with reserved broth for dipping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches