I have to be honest, i was pairing this with a chocolate cake, and i was a little nervous of adding the lemon, so i modified to put a couple teaspoons of vanilla in the mix instead of any lemon. my husband loved it-- i felt like it was good, but i was disappointed with it against the chocolate... the cream cheese makes it less sweet than typical whipped cream and it was too much contrast with the chocolate, in my opinion. i think this would be absolutely awesome with a fruit dessert, or just cut fruit. will definitely make again and try with different flavor adds.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 34
- Calories from fat: 85%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 11mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, chilled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1. Chill a deep bowl and the rotary or whip beater of a mixer for at least 10 minutes.
- 2. Put cream cheese in bowl and mix on high speed with rotary or whip beater until cheese is spread around base of bowl. With mixer on high speed, pour cream down the side of the bowl (not into beaters) into the cheese, slowly enough that the cheese stays thick and forms ridges like stiffly whipped cream as you beat it; scrape sides of bowl as necessary.
- 3. When all the cream is whipped into the cheese, turn off mixer. Add lemon peel, lemon juice, and powdered sugar to taste; mix at medium speed to blend.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note