Great recipe. Have probably made this 20 times since it came out in 1999. The supermarket was out of chopped & minced clams so I substituted a can of clam sauce & it came out wonderful so I've been doing that since--plus the can of chopped clams. Probably throws the calorie/fat content off the charts but it sure makes it taste spectacular!
French-Bread Pizza with Sausage, Clams, and Mushrooms
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 363
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 44.8g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- Calcium: 276mg
- 1 (4-ounce) link sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce) can chopped clams, undrained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove casing from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add flour, and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the mushrooms, milk, oregano, pepper, and clams; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place bread halves on a baking sheet; spread clam mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and parsley. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each half into 3 pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
French-Bread Pizza with Sausage, Clams, and Mushrooms Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes