We love this at our house! It is almost addicting! We add a little crushed red pepper, or a few bacon bits, or chopped tomato... It's always good! I've made it about 20 times since the recipe came out, as did the previous reviewer, and it will always be our go-to when wanting something casually decadent!
French-Bread Pizza with Sausage, Clams, and Mushrooms
Almost any kind of cheese will work in this hearty dish. Try mozzarella, Asiago, provolone, Romano, or cheddar.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 piece).
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 363
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 44.8g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- Calcium: 276mg
- 1 (4-ounce) link sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce) can chopped clams, undrained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove casing from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add flour, and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the mushrooms, milk, oregano, pepper, and clams; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place bread halves on a baking sheet; spread clam mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and parsley. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each half into 3 pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
French-Bread Pizza with Sausage, Clams, and Mushrooms Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This