On the ingredient list it should read: apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced.
French Apple Tart
This free-form pie comes together quickly with the help of store-bought crust.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 55 Minutes
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 141mg
- Calcium: 9mg
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly, melted and divided
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 teaspoons crème fraîche
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Roll dough to a 12-inch circle; place on a 12-inch pizza pan. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon jelly. Place pan in freezer for 5 minutes.
- 3. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean. Combine seeds, brown sugar, and nutmeg in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar mixture over dough. Arrange apple slices in concentric circles on prepared crust. Sprinkle apples with the remaining sugar mixture. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
- 4. Brush remaining 2 tablespoons jelly over hot tart. Cut into 8 wedges; top each wedge with 1 teaspoon crème fraîche.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note