- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly, melted and divided
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 teaspoons crème fraîche
- calories 205
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 1.4 g
- carbohydrate 32.6 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 0.1 mg
- sodium 141 mg
- calcium 9 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Roll dough to a 12-inch circle; place on a 12-inch pizza pan. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon jelly. Place pan in freezer for 5 minutes.
Scrape seeds from vanilla bean. Combine seeds, brown sugar, and nutmeg in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar mixture over dough. Arrange apple slices in concentric circles on prepared crust. Sprinkle apples with the remaining sugar mixture. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
Brush remaining 2 tablespoons jelly over hot tart. Cut into 8 wedges; top each wedge with 1 teaspoon crème fraîche.