French Apple Pie
Mom's Apple pie with streusel topping
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 7-8 apples (recommends Golden Delicious) quartered, peeled then sliced
- Streusel Topping
- 1 cup(s) All-purpose flou
- 1 tsp teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup(s) Firm butter, sliced
- Adjust oven rack 5 to 6 inches from bottom of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Streusel: Blend flour, cinnamon and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add butter and cut in with pastry blender or 2 knives until particles are size of peas. Chill until needed.
- Pastry: Using your own pastry recipe roll out and line a 9-10 inch deep glass pie pan. Flute the edges to make a stand-up edge. Blend 1/4 cup of sugar with the flour and pour into bottom of pan. Add apples in pan, they should heap slightly in the center. Combine the remaining sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples. Pour the streusel evenly over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Gehlhausen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note