Fregola Sarda Pasta with Tomatoes
Fregola sarda is Sardinian couscous. The grains are lightly toasted, giving Fregola Sarda Pasta with Tomatoes a nutty flavor.
More From Health
- Calories: 339
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Calcium: 82mg
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 7 ounces fregola sarda pasta
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 3/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh oregano, for garnish (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a roasting pan, toss tomatoes with garlic, sugar, dried oregano, a pinch each salt and pepper, and 1 tsp olive oil. Roast 25 minutes, until tomatoes begin to caramelize.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook fregola sarda as package directs.
- 3. Squeeze roasted garlic from skin; pulse in food processor with pine nuts, basil, a pinch each salt and pepper, and remaining 1 TBSP olive oil. Add Parmesan; pulse to combine.
- 4. In a bowl, combine fregola sarda, tomatoes, olives, goat cheese, and pesto. Scatter fresh oregano leaves on top, if desired.
Substitute Israeli couscous if you can't find fregola sarda.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note