Freezer Friendly - CrockPot Penne with Rosemary Chicken
The pasta will cook al dente as it bakes in the sauce, so thereâ€™s no need to boil the pasta first. If you prefer a softer noodle, bake the dish a bit longer. Let this dish cool before serving to allow the sauce to thicken. (adapted from DD Cookbook)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) penne pasta
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts diced, cooked
- pinch(s) Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 ounce(s) cheese blend low-fat shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) yellow onions diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) pimentos chopped,drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) nonfat milk
- 1 1/2 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- Spray one (three) 9 × 13-inch baking dish(es) with nonstick cooking spray. Putting the pasta together Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a resealable freezer bag, dividing it equally among two bags if you are splitting the recipe.
- For dinner tonight
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the contents of a bag into the prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Place in a crockpot, set on low heat, and cook for 5 to 6 hours.
- To freeze
- Label, date, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator for one day before cooking as directed above.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandolin2626 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note