- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon table salt
How to Make It
Stir together first 3 ingredients and 1 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
Stir together shredded cabbage and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss gently. Divide coleslaw evenly among 4 (1-qt.) heavy-duty zip-top plastic freezer bags. Seal and freeze 3 days. Store in freezer up to 1 month. Thaw coleslaw at room temperature 3 hours before serving.