Free-Form Lasagna is assembled on individual plates instead of a casserole dish. This Free-Form Lasagna recipe is an easy and tasty weeknight dinner option that will put smiles on your kids' faces. Skip a step and save prep time by using no-boil lasagna noodles.
All You JULY 2012
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
2. Cook sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up large pieces, until it loses its pink color, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, oregano and 1/2 tsp. salt, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thick, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
3. Combine ricotta, Parmesan and basil in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
4. Add noodles to boiling water; cook until just tender, 10 minutes or as package label directs. Just before noodles are done, microwave ricotta mixture on high for 30 seconds, stirring once. Drain noodles well.
5. Spread 1 1/2 Tbsp. sauce on each of 4 dinner plates. Place a noodle on top and spread with 1 1/2 Tbsp. cheese mixture. Top with 1 1/2 Tbsp. sauce. Repeat with noodles, cheese mixture and sauce, ending with a layer of sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan on top. Serve, passing additional Parmesan.
Go to full version of