Fred's Slightly Twisted Bouillabaisse
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil
- 2 cup(s) Onion Thinly sliced
- 1 Fennel bulb Thinly sliced
- 4 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 3 can(s) 28 oz each diced tomatoes
- 2 quart(s) Chicken stock or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bottle(s) Clam broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) Grated orange zest
- pinch(s) Saffron
- 1 pound(s) Mussels Cleaned
- 1 pound(s) Large shrimp Peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound(s) Monkfish Membrane removed
- 1/2 pound(s) Grouper, tune, or sea bass
- 1/2 pound(s) (18-20 per pound) sea scallops
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped cilantro (optional but good) or flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese Grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat until hot. Add onions and fennel and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook until you can begin to smell the garlic. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, clam juice, orange zest, and saffron. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes. If you are making the broth ahead of time, refrigerate. (Improves if made ahead).
- Slice scallops in half, horizontally. Cut the fish in 1-inch chunks.
- Bring the broth mixture to a boil. Add mussels, cover, and cook about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, cover and cook 2 minutes. Add fish, cover, and cook 3 minutes. Finally, add scallops, cooking 1 minute more. Stir in cilantro or parsley.
- Serve with the Parmesan cheese on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fred's Slightly Twisted Bouillabaisse Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes