Franks In Barbecue Sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 frankfurters
- Sauté onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add catsup, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, paprika, chili powder, mustard, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; stir until well blended. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Slice frankfurters in half lengthwise; drop into boiling water. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add frankfurters to barbecue sauce, stirring to coat well. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until frankfurters are thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note