Frank Stitt's Grilled Zucchini Salad
When buying your squash, look for small, just-picked vegetables. Look for specimens with some heft & shiny skin. If you don't have mint, parsley, basil or tarragon will work well. Salt the squash ahead of time to draw out the flavor.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 small yellow or green zucchini sliced lengthwise, 1/4" thick
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil plus extra for pan, if needed
- 1 small red onion sliced into 1/2' rounds
- 6 sprigs mint, leaves only
- 1 pint(s) cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) sherry or red-wine vinegar
- Light the grill. Toss the zucchini slices with a good pinch of salt and set aside. After 20 minutes, pat slices dry and toss with 2 tablespoons oil. Meanwhile, over medium heat, grill onion-rounds or sear them in an oil-slicked pan until tender and charred, about 1 minute per side. Chop rounds into 1/4 inch pieces. Roughly tear up mint leaves. Halve cherry tomatoes. Grill or sear zucchini slices over medium-high heat until lightly charred and tender, about 1 minute per side. Place chopped onion, grilled squash and tomato halves in a large bowl. Toss with mint. Dress salad with 1/4 cup oil and vinegar. Season with salt, to taste. Garnish salad with extra mint.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Frank Stitt's Grilled Zucchini Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads