Frangrant Swedish Rye Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) white flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) rye flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cup(s) warm water
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) runny honey
- 1/4 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) caraway seeds
- 1 zest of an orange
- 1. In small bowl, proof yeast with 1/2 cup warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 2. In large mixing bowl, mix together the remaining water, the salt, the honey, the sugar, the caraway seeds and the orange zest.
- 3. Gently stir in 1 cup plain flour and the proofed yeast.
- 4. Add remaining flours until combined, knead for about 10 minutes, adding flour as needed.
- 5. Transfer to a greased bowl, cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 6. Punch down, let rest for 1o minutes and form into a loaf.
- 7. Transfer to a greased loaf pan, cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 190° C (375° F).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kitchenwitchCO and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Frangrant Swedish Rye Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads