This was wonderful! I used my bullet to chop up the ginger and mixed it with the orange juice left from sectioning the oranges. So refreshing and delicious! I cut up the oranges and pineapple the day before, bananas and kiwis an hour or so before serving and served this in a glass bowls; the color is very nice. Froze the leftovers for a smoothie (yum).
Francie's Fruit Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 186
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Protein: 2.4g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Sodium: 2.5mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped candied ginger
- 3 oranges
- 3 kiwis, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into small wedges
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1. In a small saucepan, cover ginger with 1/4 cup water and simmer until soft, about 2 minutes. Purée in a blender.
- 2. Cut peel and white pith from oranges. Working over a serving bowl, cut between the inner membranes to release segments into bowl. Slice kiwi halves into half-moons and add to bowl along with pineapple and bananas. Pour in ginger syrup and stir gently to blend.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This