- 2 pounds tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 3 or 4 small red chiles, minced and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the onion, cilantro, chiles, garlic and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
Wine Recommendation: The lime accents and spiciness of this tomato salsa point to a relatively simple, bright, cooling lager from Mexico, such as Tecate or Corona.