Confusion!! Where's the recipe for the cheese straw dough?? When I check page 2, I only get info on local grocery store sales on several cheeses Help--this recipe sounds great---but must have the recipe for the foundation first. Thanks for your assistance. It's not a case of not making it again; I want the opportunity of trying it the FIRST time.! Whoops--never mind my apparent inability to read---found the recipe link just to the right of the topping recipe. I'm so sorry for not being more thorough in my search.
Four-Seed Cheddar Triangles
"This recipe bumps ho-hum plain cheese straws into a more sophisticated category." -Donna Florio, Senior Food Writer, Southern Living
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 22 Minutes
- Spicy Cheddar Cheese Straw Dough
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare dough, and divide in half. Roll each half into a 9- to 10-inch round. Transfer rounds to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Whisk together egg white and water just until foamy. Stir together pumpkin seeds, sunflower kernels, sesame seeds, and black sesame seeds. Brush rounds with egg white mixture, and sprinkle with seed mixture. Cut each round into wedges of random sizes, using a fluted pastry wheel. Separate wedges about 1 inch apart. Bake 16 to 18 minutes; cool on baking sheets on wire racks 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note