Seriously good. I did not use dried mushrooms...dried mushroom just weird me out for some reason. I used 16oz of exotic mushroom blend instead. I also used a full cup of fresh mozzarella as that is what it took to entirely cover the crust. If you like mushrooms and pesto...this is worth trying!
Four-Mushroom Pesto Pizza
Photo: Francesco Tonelli; Styling: Tiziana Agnello
Serve with Celery and Parsley Salad.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 pieces)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 36 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Carbohydrate: 46.5g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 678mg
- Calcium: 144mg
- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 (4-ounce) packages fresh exotic mushroom blend
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated pesto
- 3 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- Celery and Parsley Salad
- 1. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 2. Place the dough in a medium microwave-safe bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine 2/3 cup water and porcini in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes or until tender; drain. Coarsely chop porcini.
- 4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl. Add fresh mushrooms and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in porcini, pepper, and salt.
- 5. Roll dough into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven; arrange dough on pizza stone. Spread pesto over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle cheese over pesto; top with mushroom mixture. Bake at 500° for 13 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. Cut into 8 pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pizza