I liked this a lot but the rest of my family thought it didn't have enough flavor (but I'm this big mushroom lover). I'll be making this again but might drizzle on some truffle oil next time
Four-Mushroom Pesto Pizza
Photo: Francesco Tonelli; Styling: Tiziana Agnello
Serve with Celery and Parsley Salad.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 pieces)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 36 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Carbohydrate: 46.5g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 678mg
- Calcium: 144mg
- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 (4-ounce) packages fresh exotic mushroom blend
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated pesto
- 3 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- Celery and Parsley Salad
- 1. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 2. Place the dough in a medium microwave-safe bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine 2/3 cup water and porcini in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes or until tender; drain. Coarsely chop porcini.
- 4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl. Add fresh mushrooms and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in porcini, pepper, and salt.
- 5. Roll dough into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven; arrange dough on pizza stone. Spread pesto over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle cheese over pesto; top with mushroom mixture. Bake at 500° for 13 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. Cut into 8 pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note