Maybe I did something wrong, but I did not enjoy this at all. It seemed flavorless to me.
Four-Cheese Vegetable Lasagna
This lasagna from our November/December 1992 issue proves a welcome change from your standard meat-and-tomato-based dishes. The creamy white sauce in this meatless version complements the spinach and fresh broccoli. A lasagne isn't a lasagna unless it's both filling and flavorful--and this one is that and more.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 341
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 21.6g
- Carbohydrate: 44.9g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 457mg
- Calcium: 394mg
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Cook lasagna noodles, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add broccoli and next 4 ingredients (broccoli through garlic), and sauté 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Place flour in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Reserve 1/2 cup spinach mixture for top layer of casserole, and set aside.
- Combine cottage cheese, mozzarella, and Swiss cheese; stir well. Spread 1/2 cup spinach mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles over spinach mixture in dish; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, half of broccoli mixture, and half of remaining spinach mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread reserved 1/2 cup spinach mixture over noodles; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note