More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 386
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 41.5g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 1012mg
- Calcium: 495mg
- 12 uncooked manicotti
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) carton nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1 (6-ounce) package garden vegetable-flavored light cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces block nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (27.5-ounce) jar reduced-fat, reduced-sodium tomato-and-herb pasta sauce
- Oregano sprigs (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; set aside.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and next 5 ingredients (mozzarella through nonfat cream cheese) in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Stir in onion mixture and spinach.
- Spoon mozzarella cheese mixture into cooked manicotti (about 1/3 cup per shell).
- Divide 1 cup sauce evenly between 6 individual casserole dishes coated with cooking spray. Arrange 2 stuffed manicotti in each dish. Pour remaining sauce over each serving. Place dishes on a baking sheet. Cover each dish with foil, and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with oregano, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes