Four Cheese Macaroni
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 package(s) elbow macaroni
- 9 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1.5 cup(s) 1/2 and 1/2
- 8 ounce(s) cubed processed cheese food
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the oil and the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 tablespoons butter; stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the Muenster cheese, mild and sharp Cheddar cheeses, and Monterey Jack cheese; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add the half and half, 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture, cubed processed cheese food, and eggs to macaroni; mix together and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges; serve.
- From reviewer:
- This is just great, but I do follow other's advice and omit the eggs and more than double up the mont. jack, cheddars and mozzerella (which I had on hand instead of muenster). I used 2 cups of 1/2 and 1/2 as well. I mix up the Velveeta cubes until they're melted and then mix in the shredded cheeses real well too, before adding in the rest. Also I bake for 17 minutes and then do some more mixing and then sprinkle the last of the cheese and butter on top for the remaining 17 or so minutes. That's the magic ticket for me.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdwoodfin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note