Four Cheese Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Bacon, thick cut chopped in big pieces, cooked to crispy
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) Bacon Grease
- 1/4 cup(s) Flour
- 2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 3 dash(es) hot pepper sauce
- 4 ounce(s) cheddar cheese, aged grated
- 5.5 ounce(s) fontina cheese grated
- 2.5 ounce(s) gouda cheese, smoked grated
- 4 ounce(s) gruyere cheese grated
- 1 pound(s) Elbow Macaroni
- Cut bacon into 1" pieces so they are nice and big. Then cook in pan until very crisp. Put on paper towel and set aside. Grate up cheese and mix cheese together in a bowl. Taste to see if the flavors work and add more if needed. In the meantime, cook macaroni per package instructions but leave fairly al dente as it will continue to cook while baked. In large dutch oven or Ninja Cooker melt butter and add bacon grease (you can use all butter or all bacon grease I like the added flavor from the bacon grease). Slowly add flour to butter, whisking constantly. Cook on low for about 5 minutes being careful to keep this as a blonde roux. While continuing to whisk gradually add half-&-half. Add a little, wait for it to thicken, add a little more. Cook mixture until it beings to thicken. Add some hot sauce. Begin adding cheese a handful at a time. Continue to stir and let cheese melt before adding more. When sauce is done add macaroni noodles, bacon and stir. Put in oven or turn Ninja to oven mode. Bake at 350 degrees until it begins to bubble. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PKcookin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note