My dad would have called this a milkshake. Most smoothies I have made do not have ice cream, but maybe sometimes yogurt. However, still tastes great.
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
This is the ultimate summertime smoothie featuring four of nature's best berries, vanilla ice cream and a hint of mint.
Yield: 4 1/2 cups
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Garnishes: fresh blueberries, raspberries, mint sprigs
- Process first 7 ingredients in a blender. Add ice cubes to 4 1/2-cup level; process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Garnish, if desired; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages