Fork Tender Pot Roast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- 1 envelope(s) Lipton onion soup mix
- 2 1/2 - 3 pound(s) boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) carrots, coarsely chopped 2 medium
- 1 cup(s) celery, sliced into 1 inch pieces 2 stalks
- 1 cup(s) onion, coarsely chopped 1 large
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine or cranberry juice
- 14.5 ounce(s) beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Preheat electric skillet on high. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients. Coat all sides of roast with dry mixture, reserving dry mixture that doesn't stick to the meat.
- 2. In 2 T of the butter melted in electric skillet, brown all sides of the meat; remove and set aside.
- 3. In same skillet, cook carrots, celery, onion and garlic in the remaining 2 T butter, covered, for 10 minutes of just beginning to brown. Stir in reserved dry mixture; mix well. Add wine, stirring and scraping up browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Add beef broth and bay leaf; cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Return meat to pan.
- 4. Cook, covered at 350 for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is very tender. Transfer meat to a platter and slice. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve with pan gravy. You can thin pan gravy with a little additional beef broth if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fork Tender Pot Roast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes