Love to make as gifts. Can be tinted green or red with peppermint extract.
Forgotten chocolate chip meringue cookies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract or peppermint
- 1 cup(s) mini chocolate chip morsels
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped nuts optional
- 1. In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until thick and foamy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until mixture holds stiff, shiny peaks.
- 2. With a spatula, gently stir in almond extract and chopped chocolate. Spoon 1/2-tablespoon portions into 1-inch-wide mounds (or with a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain or star tip, pipe 1-inch-wide mounds) about 1 inch apart onto cooking parchment - lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 3. Bake meringues in a 275° regular or convection oven until dry and firm to touch on the outside and almost dry inside (break one open to test), 30 to 35 minutes; if baking two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking. Let cool for 5 minutes on sheets, then slide a spatula underneath meringues and transfer to racks to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pbarres and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note