Love to make as gifts. Can be tinted green or red with peppermint extract.
Forgotten chocolate chip meringue cookies
Community Recipe from
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract or peppermint
- 1 cup(s) mini chocolate chip morsels
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped nuts optional
- 1. In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until thick and foamy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until mixture holds stiff, shiny peaks.
- 2. With a spatula, gently stir in almond extract and chopped chocolate. Spoon 1/2-tablespoon portions into 1-inch-wide mounds (or with a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain or star tip, pipe 1-inch-wide mounds) about 1 inch apart onto cooking parchment - lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 3. Bake meringues in a 275° regular or convection oven until dry and firm to touch on the outside and almost dry inside (break one open to test), 30 to 35 minutes; if baking two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking. Let cool for 5 minutes on sheets, then slide a spatula underneath meringues and transfer to racks to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pbarres and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note