Forbidden and Fermented on Toast
A buttery mixture of brown sugar and chopped walnuts tops sweet apple slices and savory cheese for an elegant appetizer with broad appeal. We used a combination of Granny Smith and Braeburn apples, but use your favorite. Fresh pears are a good option, too.
- 1 baquette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick-slices
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (13.2-oz.) pkg. Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 Granny Smith apples or Braeburn apples cored and sliced
- Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet; bath at 350° until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, walnuts and butter. Top each slice of bread with a cheese slice, an apple slice and one teaspoon brown sugar mixture. Bake at 350° for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This