- 12 graham cracker sheets, finely ground (1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 3 teaspoons Key lime zest, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: Key lime slices
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cracker crumbs, sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl, stirring well to combine. Drizzle butter over crumb mixture; toss with a fork until crumbs are moist. Press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie dish. Bake 8 minutes; let cool on a wire rack.
Whisk together 1/3 cup cream, 2 teaspoons lime zest, lime juice, milk, eggs, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl until smooth. Pour mixture into cooled crust. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool 15 minutes. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
Combine powdered sugar, vanilla, and remaining 2/3 cup cream in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Dollop pie with whipped cream; garnish, if desired.