Community Recipe from
- 1. chickpeas and citrus dressing
- 2. tomatoes and olive oil
- 3. cabbage and meat or eggs
- 4. green tea and lemon
- 5. whole-grain bread and peanut butter
- 1. Vitamin C in citrus juice helps the body absorb the iron in chickpeas.
- 2. Lycopene (a heart-disease fighting antioxidant) in red fruits like tomatoes is fat-soluble, so eating it with a healthy fat like olive oil increases its impact.
- 3. Cabbage's sulforaphane and the selenium in meat and eggs, both cancer-fighting nutrients, are four times more effective when eaten together.
- 4. A squeeze of lemon lets the body absorb 13 times more of the tea's antioxidants.
- 5. Like rice and beans, the duo forms a complete protein, which is good for building and maintaining muscle.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Food Synergy Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes