Fontina Cheese and Chive Puff from Williams Sonoma
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/4 cup(s) whole milk
- 3/4 cup(s) finely ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounce(s) diced Fontina or Brie Cheese rind removed
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped fresh chives
- 6 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a simmer; whisk in cornmeal, salt and pepper, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and cornmeal is no longer grainy, 16 to 20 minutes. Stir in Fontina (or Brie) cheese, remove pan from heat and cool, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add egg yolks, Parmesan cheese and chives; stir until smooth and transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. In another large mixing bowl, beat egg whites to stiff folds. Stir 1/2 cup of egg whites into cornmeal-cheese mixture until smooth. Fold in remaining whites until smooth. Immediately pour mixture into a lightly oiled 12" everyday pan and bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue baking until the top is golden brown and puff is almost double in height, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fontina Cheese and Chive Puff from Williams Sonoma Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch