Fondant Teapot Handle, Spout, Daisies, and Butterflies
- Yellow food-coloring paste
- 1/2 (24-ounce) package rolled fondant
- Regular white stamens
- Dip half of a wooden pick in yellow food-coloring paste, and smear on fondant. Knead color into fondant until evenly blended and distributed. Repeat procedure until desired shade is reached. Divide tinted fondant into 4 equal portions. Shape 1 portion into spout. (Keep remaining portions moist by placing in a sealed zip-top plastic bag until ready to use.) Roll another portion into a 4- x 1-inch strip; shape into a handle. Place handle and spout on a wax paper-lined baking sheet, and let stand 2 hours at room temperature or until dry. (For assembly purposes, it's important that the handle and spout remain somewhat pliable, yet they need to be firm enough to hold their shape when attached to the sides of the cake.)
- Roll another tinted fondant portion to 1/8-inch thickness, and cut with a 1 1/2-inch daisy-shaped cutter. Roll and shape trimmings into pea-sized balls; press into flower centers. Let flowers stand on a wax paper-lined baking sheet at room temperature 2 hours or until dry. (For a three-dimensional effect, pinch center of bottom side of each flower to create an inverted center; press fondant balls in center of flowers.)
- Roll remaining tinted fondant portion to 1/8-inch thickness, and cut with a 3/4-inch heart-shaped cutter. Roll and shape pea-sized pieces of trimmings into about 1 1/2-inch long pieces, forming body of butterfly. Attach 2 fondant hearts point to point, pressing slightly to seal. Place fondant body of butterfly, lengthwise, down center of attached hearts; pressing slightly to seal. Lift outer sides, forming butterfly wings. Cut 1 stamen in half; insert halves into 1 end of body, forming butterfly antennae. Let butterflies stand on a wax paper-lined baking sheet at room temperature 2 hours or until dry.
- Note: Daisies and butterflies can be made up to 1 month ahead and stored at room temperature until ready to use.
- For testing purposes only, we used Wilton Ready-To-Use Pure White Rolled Fondant. Daisy- and heart-shaped cutters can be purchased from www.wilton.com.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note