Fondant Dogwood Blossoms
This recipe goes with Dogwood Blossom Wedding Cake
Yield: 5 dozen blossoms and 7 dozen leaves
- 1 (24-ounce) package white fondant
- Dogwood blossom cutter
- Blossom mold
- Green and gold luster dust
- Leaf mold
- Leaf cutter
- 1. Sprinkle cutting board with cornstarch; roll 6 ounces of fondant to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 2. Cut out blossoms, using dogwood blossom cutter. Remove excess fondant. Keep remaining fondant covered with plastic wrap.
- 3. Brush blossom mold lightly with cornstarch to prevent sticking. Place 1 cutout blossom on mold; cover with mold top, and gently press to form blossom. Carefully remove blossom, and place in a flower former to dry (about 24 hours). Repeat procedure until you have 5 dozen blossoms.
- 4. Pipe a dot in the center of each blossom using tip #233 (Wilton). Let dry 6 hours.
- 5. Dust center of each blossom lightly with green luster dust using a small soft-bristle paintbrush. Lightly dust each blossom tip on center edge with gold luster dust using a small paintbrush.
- 6. Roll out fondant as directed above. Brush leaf mold with cornstarch. Cut out leaves with leaf cutter. Gently press onto leaf mold to form veins. Place in flower former to dry (about 24 hours). Repeat until you have 7 dozen leaves. Lightly dust with green luster dust.
- Note: If you don't have a plastic flower former, cut a paper towel cardboard tube in half lengthwise.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts